Post by TM
Even though I work in the entertainment industry by day (that is so not as dirty as it sounds) I totally forgot that the Emmy Awards were on Sunday night; so, I got a lovely surprise on Monday morning to see the best red carpet I’ve seen in years.
While there have been some unforgettable outfits over the past couple of years: Angelina Jolie’s tux at the Baftas in 2014, Lupita Nyong’o‘s entire awards trail wardrobe, also in 2014, and Kerry Washington‘s maternity style in the same year, as a whole the past few years’ red carpets have been fairly tame.
The 2015 Emmys carpet was diverse and interesting and it’s making me very excited for next year’s award season proper. Bring back colour! Patterns! The Swan Dress! Bring back creativity and originality and forget playing it safe. Take note, celebs; this Emmy awards ceremony has everyone talking – just don’t ask anyone who won anything because all eyes were on the style.
- Sarah Hyland in Zac Posen
- Maisie Williams in Ermanno Scervino
- Laverne Cox in Calvin Klein
- Kerry Washington in Marc Jacobs
- January Jones in Ulyana Sergeenko
- Gwendoline Christie in Giles Deacon
- Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell
- Emma Roberts in Jenny Packham
- Aubrey Plaza in Alexandre Vauthier
- Zoe Kazan in Miu Miu
- BONUS! Kiernan Shipka in Dior Couture
Agree? Or think that any of our picks are utterly hideous? We’d love to hear your opinion in the comments (because we read them out to each other at night like fairytales and if we don’t have anything to read aloud we can’t go to sleep).